The crazy sabbatical plan

I have been dreaming, for quite some time now, of a 'hypothetical' state where I would be completely idle, with not a single thing that has to be done or be taken care of, nothing to disrupt my peace of mind. No obligations, compulsions or deadlines, even take away the needs of hunger and the like.
I wonder what thoughts would fill my mind then, what I would be inclined to take on if I could ever achieve that state. Surely, it would be something so fulfilling as to heighten my sense of pleasure in a way that only an unexpected reward or gift can do. The actions would be like ornaments, adding a value and beauty to my weathered self, worn-out by the repetitiveness of the ordinary.
Now, to stress on the 'hypothetical' bit. Eliminating the obviously ridiculous ideas of getting rid of the body's natural needs, there are a lot of roadblocks to achieving this state. First and foremost, I'd have to convince myself of the abject futility of many of the actions we categorise as 'work'. Studying and travelling, for instance. Then, the stuff categorised under 'leisure' and 'can't do without' which would include the use of cellphones, laptops, TVs, newspapers etc. To completely wipe out my schedule and everything that has been planned would surely set off the warning bells somewhere in the logical tree of my processing unit. But, the idea is to be completely free. To be absolutely idle and have no idea of what the next move may be.
I won't attempt to predict what would take my fancy then, because to do so would be spoiling it. It's exciting to think about it. Would be like an adventure, for the soul and mind. An expedition and exploration. A crazy kind of sabbatical.
It obviously cannot be achieved in this place, I would have to search for a location. But, trickigly, it would have to be one I know nothing about.
Wishful thinking.

3 comments:

Words are always welcome.
Appreciative or critical- I'm waiting to hear from you.